1 Open Position
Youth Addictions Counsellor
Muskoday First Nation, SK
We are currently recruiting for a Youth Addictions Counsellor to work as part of a team dedicated to the treatment and success of youth in our care. Reporting directly to the Program Manager or designate, the Youth Addiction Counsellor is responsible for providing counselling services, crisis intervention and case management to our clients. Services will focus on guiding youths to solve problems and make positive changes in their lives. In collaboration with other therapeutic professionals the Youth Addictions Counsellor will provide support and supervision for the analysis, prevention and treatment of substance use and concurrent disorders; and foster the development of coping, problem solving and communication skills for clients. Duties and responsibilities include:
- providing individual counselling sessions to clients.
- facilitating group sessions based on the Stages of Change
- documenting all pertinent information in client files (paper and electronic).
- ensuring that clients know about, and are compliant with, the rules, guidelines, and safety standards of WBTC.
- establishing an ongoing and emotionally supportive relationship with clients.
- assist in modifying counterproductive behavior and attitudes of youth clients through supportive behavior modeling techniques and coaching and counseling.
- creating individual care plans with clients, discharge plans and follow-up.
- other duties as assigned.